The Engagement and Outreach Officer will play a pivotal role for the National Biodiversity Data Centre in providing a range of public engagement and outreach activities to a diversity of groups, to complement the core work of the Centre.
Duties will include:
- Having responsibility for the day to day running of the National Biodiversity Data Centre offices;
- Managing the provision of an information service for the general public during normal working hours;
- Management of policies and operational procedures related to the work of the Centre;
- Book-keeping and document management;
- Devising and managing the annual training programmes of the Centre;
- Co-ordinating outreach activities of the Data Centre;
- Managing the Data Centre’s communications strategy;
- Liaising with the citizen science community and assisting with data management.
This is offered as an 18-month contract with the possibility of longer term employment subject to availability of funding.
This is a full time post based in the National Biodiversity Data Centre, Waterford.
The salary for the post is in the range of €30,000 to €38,000 per annum, depending on skills and experience.
- BSc or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- Full clean driving licence
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Proven track record in office or multi-party project management
- Keen knowledge and interest in Ireland’s biodiversity
- Practical experience of communications
- Track record in communications
- Track record of engagement or outreach
- Specific expertise in an area of biodiversity
To apply, please complete the application form and send together with a one page Curriculum Vitae to the National Biodiversity Data Centre at email@example.com. Please mark your applications: Engagement & Outreach Officer. The closing date for applications is 17:00hr Friday 19th May 2017. A shortlist of suitable candidates will be made, and it is anticipated that shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview in Waterford on the 1st or 2nd June 2017. The Data Centre will not cover costs of attending for interview.
More details of the work of the National Biodiversity Data Centre can be found on the Centre’s website at http://www.biodiversityireland.ie/about-us/
If you have questions about the position please contact:
Dr Liam Lysaght
National Biodiversity Data Centre
Telephone: 051 306240
The National Biodiversity Data Centre is an initiative of the Heritage Council and is jointly funded by The Heritage Council and the Department of Arts, Heritage, Rural, Regional and Gaeltacht Affairs. It is operated under a service level agreement by Compass Informatics.