Resources & links
- Irish Vegetation Data in 2012: Moving towards a National Vegetation Classification System
Final report on the National Vegetation Database at the end of the initial data capture-phase in 2012. It summarises and presents the vegetation data held within the National Vegetation Database (2012) to give a clear overview of the resource and includes recommendations for moving towards a National vegetation classification system. NVD 2012 REPORT
- National Vegetation Database Manual
The National Vegetation Database: guidelines and standards for the collection and storage of vegetation data in Ireland (2010) was published by the National Parks and Wildlife Service as an Irish Wildlife Manual: IWM49-NVD
- Standardised Field Recording Card
This is a basic recording card template, designed so that relevés collected will contain the minimum data for use within the National Vegetation Database. NVD Recording card
- Data Sharing Agreement
Data providers are asked to review and agree the Data Sharing Agreement below before submitting data to the National Vegetation Database. This document governs use of, and access to, the data in the National Vegetation Database held by the National Biodiversity Data Centre. Data Sharing Agreement
- Datafields used in TURBOVEG
The tables below provide information on all existing data fields within the National Vegetation Database.
NVD additional TV datafields (contains more specialised data fields)
- Metadata template
Metadata is required with each survey accepted into the National Vegetation Database. The metadata are held in a separate database and maintained by the National Biodiversity Data Centre.
- International Association for Vegetation Science (IAVS) is a worldwide union of scientists that facilitates and promotes vegetation science research.
- European Vegetation Survey (EVS) is a Working Group within the IAVS, and focuses on vegetation survey and classification in Europe.
- Turboveg website homepage for the database management software designed for the storage, selection, and export of vegetation data.