This is a really exciting and fulfilling role – acting as the Data Manager at the National Biodiversity Data Centre (www.biodiversityireland.ie). You will have a key role, blending your technical skills with the creation of a data resource to support conservation and citizen science in Ireland, while contributing to global data systems.
- SQL querying (SQL Server / MySQL) – to support data queries from partner organisations, and data loading and integration.
- Desktop GIS (QGIS / ArcGIS) – To visualise and query species data and associated reference maps. Can be taught if no current skills.
- Data handling – To support data loading, validation, from web systems and specific data deliveries from partner contributors of biodiversity records.
- Web skills – Use of WordPress or other content management system.
- Some experience with web hosting technologies i.e. cPanel, Apache & Microsoft IIS is desirable.
- Experience with Python scripting is desirable but not a core requirement.
- IT skills – Ability to support some internal IT tasks, ideally including Windows Server management.
- Requirement for a strong aptitude and a sharp mind, open to on-going learning – more so than years of experience.
- An accurate and precise approach to own work – including clarity in thinking, analysis or coding, documentation, liaison and discussion.
- Excellent spoken and written English. EU or EEA passport required, or other right to work in Ireland.
- We are an equal opportunities employer, with many nationalities and backgrounds across the team.
Ideally you should have an interest in gaining an insight into biodiversity data and its management.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and include your CV as early as possible, but no later than Monday, 6th January, 2020. All applications will be treated in complete confidence. Our team build is always led by our founder and Managing Director, Gearóid Ó Riain.
- Meaningful work!
- Life insurance
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home opportunities
Job Types: Full-time, Initial one year post with view towards ongoing role.
Salary: €45,000.00 to €55,000.00 /year
- data management: 2 years (Preferred)
- ICT: 3 years (Preferred)
- SQL: 2 years (Preferred)
- EU / EEA passport or work visa (Preferred)
- fluent English (Preferred)